Monday, October 29, 2007

Oatmeal Pancakes

I decided this is my new favorite pancake recipe. For some reason they are soooo good!

Oatmeal Pancakes

1 ½ c. rolled oats
2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten

Combine oats and buttermilk. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on a hot skillet, turning when the batter begins to bubble on top.

Note: If you don’t have buttermilk, combine 2 tbsp. lemon juice or vinegar and enough milk to make 2 cups. Let stand for 5 minutes.

* I have made this recipe 3 different ways. The first time I made them, I did not have buttermilk so I used the milk and lemon juice option. I also didn't read the directions very well, and didn't combine the oats and milk first. I just added them all as I went. The batter was a bit thin, so I added more wheat flour until it thickened up. They were delicious.

* The second time I made these I actually had buttermilk, and followed the directions better. This time the batter wasn't thin, and they were great.

* My husband made them the other day, and again we went the milk/lemon juice route. He used all white flour, and the batter was really really thin. He didn't thicken it up, and so the pancakes were really thin. They still tasted good!

No comments: