Friday, October 12, 2007

Pasta, Chicken and Spinach Salad


I was served this fabulous salad at a playdate a few weeks ago. It is seriously soooo yummy! I made it like three times within a week and a half, and have given the recipe out to many people already. It is actually from Cooks.com.

PASTA, SPINACH AND CHICKEN SALAD
3 c. cooked shredded chicken
1 pkg. (12 oz.) bowtie pasta
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1/2 c. salad oil
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. white wine vinegar
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. chopped parsley
1/2 c. thinly sliced green onion
8 c. lightly packed, torn spinach leaves
Cook pasta, drain, rinse.
In small frying pan, combine 1/4 cup oil and sesame seeds. Saute until seeds are golden. Cool. Stir in remaining oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over cooked, cooled pasta and chicken. Toss gently. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight. Before serving, add green onions, parsley and spinach. Toss gently. Serves 8+.

* My notes: I made it with parsley the first time, but didn't like the texture. We used the curly pasley, so if you do choose to make this, be sure to buy the flat leaf parsley.You will want to eat many helpings, I promise!

2 comments:

Heather S. said...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is salad oil?

Kerry said...

I just used vegetable oil.